View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
gigadeath714
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

modding the wheel wells

I have a 2007 pre lci e92 coupe and I splurged for the factory M3 359's 19", I also wrapped them in Michelin Super sport tires 245.35.19 front and 265.35.19 in the rear. I love the way they look but as the cliche saying goes, "form over function." Fronts rub the inner lining of the wheel well, which Im assuming is abs, (not sure I bought my baby August of last year) during almost any turning what so ever. The rears sit inside the well and clear the fender lips by about a fingers width but also rub the lining when ever the pavements elevation changes (i.e. dips, speed bumps). Has anyone have a solution? Is it possible to heat lining up and try to push out or cut the areas of the lining out at points of contact? I don't want to remove the lining completely and I don't want to put spacers on it which will then in turn cause me to have to roll the fenders for sure. Yes Im a noob when it comes to this stuff and this car is absolutely my love especially with the new skates your feedback will be welcomed from one enthusiast to another.
Appreciate 0