12-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thumbs up -*-*->VMR V710 Review<-*-*-

VMR V710 Review By: hl0m4n@e90post

The Car: 07 e92 335i w/ stock sport suspension & rolled rear fenders.

OEM 189 Details (OEM):
Front Weight: 56-60lbs Each (Accurate Estimate)
Rear Weight: 56-60lbs Each (Accurate Estimate)
Front Size & Offset: 18x8 ET34
Rear Size & Offset: 18x8.5 ET37
Front Tire: Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT 225/40/18
Rear Tire: Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT 255/40/18

19” VMR Silver V710 Details:
Front Weight: 55lbs Each (Weighed W/ Tires)
Rear Weight: 58lbs Each (Weighed W/ Tires)
Front Size & Offset: 19x8.5 ET35
Rear Size & Offset: 19x9.5 ET33
Front Tire: Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 235/35/19
Rear Tire: Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 275/30/19
BBK Friendly: Yes
JWL/VIA/DOT: JWL & VIA certified and meet DOT specifications in terms of strength and construction.

Handling, Quality, Etc: After the rims got installed I was very excited to see how the new rim and tire setup will work/feel. I must say they are so much better than the OEM run flat tires. The handling is noticeably more stable and cornering is also noticeably there. The car just feels 100% better than OEM and the tires are very quite. I don’t hear any road noise besides wind. The car really feels more stable and solid and the aspects of the new setup are definitely recognizable right away. I hope these tires last as long as my OEM did, if not longer. I had 30k+ on the OEM (original from dealer pickup) and still ran strong .

Fender Rolling: I rolled my rear fenders just in case for $50 (local e90post member). After having the rims installed, it seems I would have been safe without the rolling, but if the rear fender hasn’t been rolled and I dropped the car, the rim would definitely rub. So I guess it is safe to say I’m future drop ready.

Price: The price is so great I can’t post it on the forum . Any pricing on V710 you have will be beat by Bobby at BavarianX.

Shipping: Shipping was very quick once order has been made and all the rims were packaged great with extra box reinforcements and padding.

Warranty: The rims have a 1 year paint warranty through manufacturer, in my case the rims were delivered on 12/11/08 so my warranty will expire at 12/11/09.

Replacement Rim: If I need a replacement rim it would cost about $230 which includes shipping from CA to NY.

RAD Wheel Lock & Caps: The RAD wheel lock cost me an extra $25 which includes x1 lock and x4 bolts (one for each corner). The wheel locks I believe are top notch. After having them installed they not only look good with the OEM but look like they can handle a beating and offers great security for an extra comfort of security. Extra wheel lock is $15. The OEM BMW caps cost me an additional $35.

Experience: After I got the rims installed on the car I was in loss of words. The car looked so perfect and it met all my expectations. The silver rim matches great with my silver window trim. I was debating on getting gunmetal but after I installed these silver rims, I don’t regret it at all. Bobby is a great top notch guy with great customer service, shipping times, and amazing prices that can’t be beat. I will definitely be doing business with them again.

BavarianX Contact Info:
Name: Bobby
Phone: 714-672-0550
E-Mail: Bobby@Bavarianx.com
Web: http://bavarianx.com/
e90post User ID: Bobby@Bavarianx.com
Attached Images

Last edited by hl0m4n; 01-10-2009 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0