View Single Post
      03-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #1973
Schumi
Registered
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320dA 08/05

Hello guys!

I need your help..I've borrowed an OBD-II cable from a friend of mine today. I've downloaded all the files from the first page of this topic, and installed them as shown in the tutorial pdf. First I've tried with my laptop with Windows 7 and NCSExpert would simply not wanted to work on it (gave an error with something like it is not compatible with that version of Windows, which is a bit odd as I saw that on the movie posted by xxxjecxxx - thanks mate for all the info - he use Win 7..). I've tried the compatibility mode also, but no success.

Anyway, I've took my girlfriends laptop, with Win XP on it. Installed all the things needed and I'm confrunting myself with the following problems.

1. If the cable is not connected to the car and I start INPA it shows battery ON and ignition ON. When I connect the cable to the car, battery remains ON but ignition shows OFF (same with Start button pressed or not). But it seems not to be a big problem, because I can do all the tests from INPA, I can see the revs on the display, etc. which means I think that the communication with the car is good. But then comes the second part:

2. I start NCSExper.exe, I select for e.g. Expertmode, then I choose the Chassis E89 (my car is an E90 for 08/2005), after that I select CAS module - another one (I've tried them all) - and click the OK button. That is followed always by the following error: VIN is faulty. COAPI-2001: Ediabas not initialized.

I've attached a picture with the error. Please if anyone know the reason for this give me a clue. I can only keep the cable for tomorrow, because from Monday my friend has to take it back to the service My goal is to activate the MP3-player function for my car and I would really like to manage this.

If you need other info, I will gladly answer..

Thank you very much! Greetings from Romania!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0