View Single Post
      04-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
nyknickfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i Sedan

Clutch Squeal (not when fully depressed)

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a repost, but I searched as much as I could for my exact issue but wasn't able to find anything. I just bought my CPO '08 335i back in February and lately I've been noticing squealing from the clutch pedal only when I am about to depress the pedal.

There is no squeal while the clutch is being pressed and released. The squeal only occurs when there is slight pressure on the pedal. I am curious whether or not this is simply wear and tear on the pedal or a common issue. The reason I am concerned is because in my previous car the clutch assembly has snapped on me two times while driving on the highway. It is a very scary feeling and do not wish to experience it again

There is still a long time before my first scheduled maintenance, so I would like to know if a trip to the dealer would be necessary, if there is a quick fix for the issue, or if there is no issue at all.

Just an FYI. I am pretty experienced at driving stick (5 years) and I have not been harsh on the transmission whatsoever.

Any input will be appreciated. Like I said before, I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I searched throughout the forum and did not find anything relative to a clutch squeal without fully depressing the pedal. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0