View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #37
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post
Hey, is there a way to know you're getting these boost overshoots, without logging? Do you typically throw a code because of them?

The past summer, I took my stage 2+ car to the track, with the Cobb tune, and after just two laps, it went into limp mode. Could never figure out what it was. Car kept going into limp mode afterwards for a week or so, anytime I boosted more than 4/5 PST, to the point I was convinced that I had a boost leak, but could find none.

Then all of a sudden it went away after a couple of weeks by itself, and has been driving fine for months afterwards, up to 18 PSI boost no problems.
As far as the boost overshoots go, it depends on how badly the overshoots are. If it is severe enough to cause the to TPS to dip to ~40%(or worse) then you will probably feel it as a hiccup during acceleration. Or it may cause boost oscillations and you'll definitely feel those.

As far as limp mode goes: No, it will not cause that. You'll need to find out the codes that were triggered and go from there, if it hasn't happened in months then it may have just been a fluke or something.