View Single Post
      12-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

lame...i am sure thy will have a manual but not for a year or so later and probably $2400...but they will unveil with the 8spd apparently.

still most vw guys who have reviewd the 335's auto says it is so much better than vw's and audi's highly touted dsg system!!!

ferrari? we don't own a ferrari and it better be special!!!! 80% or more of all new ferrari buyers buy with there f1 type system not the manual!!! some don't even have a manual option!!

in the end i think bmw needs to make the manual an option!!! with so many more auto's than manual's they would be stupid not to!!! but to not have one at all...is just nuts...esp in the big v8...6spd would be so much fun!!! but with the new auto in the 335 being 90% as fun as a manual i can see why bmw is testing the water...and like the current e60 m5 i bet for the us we will see a manual....those guys in europe LOVE the smg system they had no need for the manual there...so who knows...if demand is high all things will change...but when has a manual been in high demand in a 550? when? only time will tell what bmw does and what we demand...personally i would rather see us get full individual packages for every car!!!! bmwna is crazy for not letting us at that!!!! same with the manual i guess it should at least be an option...but is the R&D worth it to them?
________
zr750h

Last edited by purplewidow; 02-09-2011 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 0