02-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

Angry Hedge Cutting

just realised this should be in the 'off topic forum' ... sorry

can anyone help me out on this one ? this is the situation ...

I was driving down one of the roads i use on a regular basis today ( a single track country road ) and there were 2 tractors with hedge cutters trimming, well more like 'slashing' the hedges. There were cuttings all over the road , and i mean large pointy sharp sticks not small leaves !! The road was literally covered for a good 1/2 mile stretch. So anyway i got out of my car and went over to the first tractor and asked politely if there was anyway of clearing the stuf off the road because it was really bad, the bloke gets aggressive with me straight away saying ''for f@%ks sake we are the only contractor who has a brush on our tractors and anyway im only doing my job , this is the second time you have been down here today ( the main way to my house by the way ) you could of gone another way ( yeah i could of but it was another 4 miles round ) now i think you better go away and leave us alone'' ... so basically not wanting any confrontation i get back in my car and continue up the road slowly worrying about my expensive 255/25 tyres !

So what if i have a wrecked tyre , surely someone is liable ?! council ? the contractors ? who , where should i start if i need to ? Or am i complaining too much and should i shut up and accept it ? I really think they should of closed the road with the state it was in. What would of happened if a sportsbike had been going down there, ouch !

Oh and i did take a photo on my phone, just in case.

thanks.

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...

Last edited by CD; 02-18-2008 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: wrong forum .. ooops
Appreciate 0