06-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #23
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Picked the car up Saturday morning, looks like it was a Friday afternoon job. The engine bay and underside of bonnet was covered in white spots of filler. Edges of the doors were rough, drips of paint behind the door handles. They left me parts of the old wing mirror and some wet and dry under the bonnet as well as a souvenir I guess. All in all a pretty poor result.

My only consolation is they didn't apply the seal and protect as they hadn't had authorisation. I will be insisting that it is taken to a competent bodyshop for this to be applied and will be pushing for a full valet and perhaps a de-swirl of the paintwork beforehand. Think I am pushing my luck??
I take it the car went to the insurer approved bodyshop not Cotswold BMW?

You have the right to having the car returned to original pre accident condition. I'd take photos of your complaints and reject the repair saying either the the body shop puts it right asap or the car goes to the bodyshop of your choice and the bill will be presented and paid for or threaten to go to court.

Re application of Seal and Protect should also be paid for by the insurer as that's as it was pre accident repair.

It's time for BBC Watchdog mentality. Bang your hand down hard and demand service that meets your expectations.