Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
as usual great review ! The full modification with M3 parts and LSD is just great for this car (together with bilstein pss10)
It is! That's why I'm having the Bilstein B16 Ride Control installed right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
nice review!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Great review Marcel, the car is coming together.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Nice review Marcel, very detailed.

I've fitted the LSD, rear SF Bushes, Hartge ARBs and front M3 arms but I hadn't considered fitting the rear M3 guide rods and upper links.

Did they require wheel re-alignment or is the geometry the same as the standard car? Did you have to also buy the M3 ABS hose clips to fit the new upper arms??
No to both. The only alignment necessary is due to the front guide rods that induce 0.75 degrees of camber. The rear pieces are direct replacements for the 335i stock items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I recall the M3 front arms altered the front alignment quite considerably which required reseting before the car coud be driven safely.

What about the M3 item 13 (toe arm) http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...16&hg=33&fg=30

Is this an upgrade for the 335i item 14 (track strut) http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...30&hg=33&fg=30

It looks like it could be?
I think you cannot directly replace the toe link (part no. 33322283549 (2x)). Under the following link, HP Autowerks said that this part was still under development, but I haven't heard of them since: M3 rear lower camber link conversion kit. It seems that other companies have developed a replacement for this part, such as Velocity Motorcars (see this link) or Ground Control (see this link). I do not have any personal experience with both, so that I can't pronounce myself as to the quality of their products.

Alpina_B3_Lux