View Single Post
      08-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

your best bet is to find someone who has ins with the dealership and get the code read that way. The latest E60s scan differently compared to the older E60s....they need the MOST bus connection in the dealership to scan the car, not just plug into the OBD connector and go from there...even at the shop I work for now, 06 and up BMWs give us problems on the scan tool because it can't identify the system.

I might have a friend or two who can read the car out and see what its throwing out, but im on Long Island... As Shiv said, check your power source, as these cars are so finicky, a loss of voltage on the wrong circuit sends the car into fits.

Something is keeping the the car active..the car will not 'go to sleep' after 10 minutes if inactivity because one or modules is not shutting down...which is causing the heavy battery drain and the 'service car soon light' (car on a lift symbol).

It could be an error on your end in the install, or could just be the car itself....newer E60s sometimes tend to crap out for no reason, so car might even need a software update (but its brand new so I'm doubting that)...

If it indeed is going into limp mode and will not clear the code after several drives, the fuel pump could be the culprit...it would be the first time Ive seen such issues in the 535..
Appreciate 0