View Single Post
      08-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #174
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
I notice more feel in the transmission during shifting; more "snick-snick" in and out of the gears. The clutch grabs a little more predictably, so I think that I am adjusting my style to use less clutch disengagement. I like it.

I did not notice this before, but there is a sticky spot when the clutch pedal is fully depressed, like it's hanging up on something, feels like it's caught on the floor mat, or my shoe is stuck under something -- but it isn't, it's something internal.
yea i got the sticky feeling when i start the car, it goes away after a minute though, and then sometimes it IS stuck on the floor mat because the stupid fuckers didnt put my velcro in

as for the "snick snick" thats a placebo, the CDV has nothing to do with the transmission itself, what it may be though is what i tried to describe where it goes out of gear faster, IE w/ CDV in when your toss the clutch in and pull it out of gear theres still some resistance against you compared to w/o the CDV because the tranny has had longer to spin down and remove tension
Appreciate 0