View Single Post
      11-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
bmwf109
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw grand coupe and x4

help with bluetooth module please

well i went to bmw today cause my bluetooth isnt working it hasnt for ages it comes up with 2 dashes and you cant access menu at all
and they said it needs a new unit and it will be $1800 ...wow thats alot for just having your bluetooth to work, funny enough there was also another person there with the same problem, must be comon as they said they have them in stck and can do it now ...hehe for 1800 i bet they do !!

i dont have idrive or anything so i think its a bit crazy to spend nilly 2k on bluetooth, but i wish to have it, so ive been looking around does anyone have any ideads??
i found a place on ebay that you send to them in australia and they fix it for $400 wich i think is pretty good
here it is

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-MULF-...item35c1288c6f

what do you think or are there newer ones i can get somewhere else heres my unit
also is this compatible with iphone 4 or 5 as i havent used it with it yet and there are lots of mulf2 on ebay seem to be popular will they still work?

UDATEEEEEEEE

ok update, well i should have gone with the 400 option months ago after all my research i wasted, the auto tronics company was perfect, during all my searching that 2nd hand units arnt guarantied to work all the functions im glad i got mine fixed , as it was made for my car.

ok heres what options i had

bmw said
---get a new box $1800 there selling point is it has new software than older ones like for iphone etc

---2 nd hand from smash repair 3 month waranty ....or ebay no waranty $450 does not mean your phone book will display as it wasnt ment for your car

---after market unit...sorry not worth it when your vechile has the bluetooth option compared in quality wouldnt think of it

-------autotronics wich also you can call from there web site or ring the number on the ebay listing in melbourne and they dont charge you till after it is fixed ........ with 12 month warranty $400 , they fix unit and put new software on and programe to your vin number....

well my only prob was i wasted so much time on this i should have called the number first months ago,

i rang autotronics on friday he said post it with vin number , he rang me monday was all fixed , did payment on phone , arived tuesday , plugged in and perfect all menus work all numbers display iphone 5 works perfect couldnt be happier ...and 12 month warranty !!!

worth every sent..also they told me bmw wont fix bluetooth units as they dont make them so would rather get customers to buy new ones. great for making money ....well it is bmw !!!

heres the details they were friendly and super quick
, hope it helps as i wasted to much time on this easy fix

http://www.bmwbluetooth.com.au/
Attached Images

Last edited by bmwf109; 01-15-2013 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0