10-17-2012, 03:48 AM   #372
xPETEZx
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
No need for an OBD connection during a UK MOT is there??

Any how, I bought a second OBD extension, if the cars going for a service, i plug the extension into the new 'secret' OBD socket location and then leave the lead coiled up on he passenger seat ready for the tech to use.

If BMW moan about that they can f##k off!
Didnt need the ODB for the MOT, but it was also in for a inspection and brake fluid change. I thought perhaps they needed ODB to reset the service indicators.

I have been considering getting an extension lead to do the same thing. Have you had your car in since doing this? I just want to be sure it actually works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
AFAIK on all models you could always do global window open/close with the key in the door, just like holdling the lock or unlock button on the fob.

Interesting on the M3 film above though, whatever he does it doesn't switch the alarm off (no indicator flash) but he opens the door, so the deadlocks are released, and gets straight in, so the alarm must be off at that stage??

Then he just programs a fob to the car presumably at his leisure?

Maybe this was one of these fob-jammer robberies where the car wasn't locked properly in the first place?
I was thinking that. The guy just gets straight in. Even if he used a screw driver to undo the lock, surely that would not disable the alarm?

I only seem to be seeing reports of this on UK forums, does this problem not affect cars in other countries??
Appreciate 0