12-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #9
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
How is my post misleading him. LL01 has a major importance if you want to keep your car running at peak. The last I checked, castrol "syntec" which is now known under castrol edge doesn't have the approval of BMW LL-01 or and BMW approval. Its his personal choice if he wants to use it but without that approval it must mean that it doesn't show a good enough record to be approved.
Yes the factory says change it from 12k-25k but if you wait that long and you drive hard, good luck. I GUARANTEE that he will burn oil if he waits as long as the computer says to change it and not to mention the sludge build up will be bad. The oil will come out blacker than anything you've seen (I know from experience)
I just told OP to avoid non LL approved oils such as the castrol syntec you've mentioned.
Castrol Syntec (now called EDGE with SPT) in 0w30 is most certainly BMW LL-01 approved.

It's a European car formula that's made in Germany and it's commonly referred to as "German Castrol" or "GC" by enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0