Major nutz
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 n54 e92xi, 6mt, kw v3

Garage List
2009 335xi  [8.89]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
Since the shock tower AND the camber plate are both slotted, getting the camber set properly with marks is nearly impossible. Just a small change in camber changes toe drastically.

It is nearly impossible get 3.0 degrees of camber on the E9x without M3 front lower control arms and slotting the shock tower to clear the shock nut. You will be best served installing the Vorshlag plates (best for BMWs by far) set one notch farther back for caster and slamming them in for about 2.5 degrees camber. Set toe either on the very low end of the spec or near zero to prevent poor tire wear. Rear camber should be -1.8-2.0, toe set to factory spec (0.30 degrees or 18' total toe in).

You should not see a lot of extra front tire wear, but there will be some accerelated inner shoulder wear. If they cup/feather, the alignment is wrong.
+1 My setup and experience as well exactly. I wish I could go to 3d, but I got about 2.5 or 2.7 max. I'm goin' to see if I can do M3 lower arms, I still get front outside shoulder tire wear.