View Single Post
      10-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
imoksoami
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya View Post
I dropped my car off because I was getting faulty notices regarding my brake pads needing replacement (car has 9000 miles and seen 1 track day). Technician tells me I have plenty of pad left and they are going to check the sensors.

They tell me the sensors are fine but the computer needs updating otherwise I will continue to get this error and others may spring up.

The SA couldn't tell me the exact version, but they used at least v31.

Maybe I am just paranoid from reading the v29.2 posts, but I do notice considerable lag in higher gears. Cruising in 4th gear at 2200rpm I could push the gas and get immediate response, now I get the lag and slingshot effect - it totally sucks. (I have 6mt for anyone wondering)

I suppose I can alter my driving habits/technique, but this is not what I signed up for.

My exhaust is noticeably louder as well, which I have mixed feelings about.

I am already thinking about getting the Dinan tune and I have had the car back for less than 24 hours.
That sucks. F'n BMW is making out great. They detune our cars as opposed to fixing the problem correctly thus forcing people to get warranty canceling tunes or in the case of Dinan tunes have someone else take or the warranty for them. Either way no cost to them. Slimey bastards.
No wonder they are so profitable, about as honest as crack dealers.