10-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzbmw View Post
Go with coils! worth spending the money now and having a good set-up, you will find yourself asking the same question in 12-24mths when your shocks are shot.

Below is NOT the case, coils allow much more adjustment than height in comparison to springs ie, compression rebound. And since you can afford a BMW you should be able to afford coils

"I've read that the only different between springs and coilovers are the actual drop - but they both ride the same. Is this true?"

As you are able to adjust compression and rebound (on good systems Independently) on coils you will be able to customize how your ride reacts overall.

I appreciate the feedback.

The issue is I'm not planning on tracking my car EVER!!! + suspension isn't all that important to me. My car doesn't look that bad at all with the ZSP and 19's. I just want a little more drop - I will probably never adjust it once it's set.

I've thought about the fact that if I go with springs I'll have to change the shocks in a year - so I'll end up spending over $900+. If that's the case - then I might as well do coilovers to begin with.

I'm thinking about doing the ST Coilovers since KW makes them. They're about $850 which isn't too bad and it'll be cheaper than springs and koni shocks!

I'm still looking for reviews on the ST Coilovers. I see a few for Sonic Tuning - but I'd like to stay away from those as they have some pretty negative reviews.
Appreciate 0