01-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

CO, Where the RWD Owners at?

Need some opinions gents & ladies,

Some of you guys know me but not many of you so I'll just give the short short version of what I'm coming from. I've owned 3 RWD vehicles ranging from 300-230whp. Every time it snowed when I had those vehicles I usually took my parents 4WD car/truck to get around. Never got a dedicated set of snows for them.

I've had my 328xi now for roughly 4 years and I'm planning on upgrading to a 335 or possibly an M3 if the numbers are right. The question I've got for you guys that have driven your RWD cars in our snow season: If I get a set of dedicated snow tires for a RWD 335/IS/M3 (love the DCT ), am I really going to miss Xi that much? I think the deepest I've seen my neighborhood get is 6-7 inches (but that again is my neighborhood, not the main roads) and the Xi is a tank through that stuff with blizzaks. But if its anymore than that level of snow, I don't go anywhere because it isn't worth risking it.

Opinions are greatly appreciated. I'm a very cautious driver in the snow and icy conditions and try to get out and practice control in empty lots so I get refamiliarized with my limits every season.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0