View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Guess what? I took my car in to Raben Tire just to get a safety inspection so I could renew my plates and after what seemed like a long time, the guy comes out and says OK, oil change is all done and you're good to go. I was like wha? I didn't want an oil change? Then he was like oh, u just wanted an inspection and I was like right, wtf? Anyway, I got a free oil change but they used Kendall 5-30 semi-synthetic (they didn't even ask me what kind of oil I wanted; if they would have, did I could have nipped things in the bud right there) and also used a napa oil filter; no new rubber gaskets either and probably no new crush washer for drain plug. I just hope he didn't strip the drain plug. The guy also put a bunch of grease on the threads for the filter housing and I took it off and there was grease everywhere inside the filter housing; pretty sweet huh. I hope that shit didn't get to my engine. I only drove it for about 5 miles. Anyway maybe not that big a deal but I was kind of pissed and I think I'll just order a new filter and maybe some Liqui Moly 5-30 full synthetic, anybody use that stuff?
Appreciate 0