View Single Post
      08-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
Broendbjerg
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngvejos View Post
Here in Norway we have to drive with lights on all the time.
The two legal combinations are Xenon and AE or fog lights and AE.

I have a 2005 e91 with adaptive headlights and idrive. In the Idrive menu I can choose DRL on/off.

When I set the light switch to auto the Xenons and angel eyes are on all the time as long as drl is activated. If DRL is not activated the xenons and AE will turn on when it gets dark.

Is it possible to code so that AE and fogs are used during daytime and it switch automatically to AE and xenon when it gets dark?
In Denmark we have the same regulations as you have in Norway regarding lights so I know what you want to do.

I have a 2005 E91 with xenons too and would like to put the switch in auto and have AE and fogs on as daytime running lights, then when it gets dark the car should automaticly turn on the xenons and turn off the fogs. I assume you would do the same?

I have searched a lot and tried a many differnet codings in the FRM1, but not found anything suitable for our need.

I have bought a FRM2 which I will install in a few days, hopefully this will do the trick. However if you can make it work with a FRM1 i would apriciate to learn how!
Appreciate 0