05-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Bendercle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT

Disabling aftermarket halogen DRL on FRM1

Nettodat to the rescue yet again...

So basically I helped someone code for fishcake Depos. After coding, both angel eyes and high beam halogens were permanently on as DRL. He wanted just angels.

Now for 04/2007 and later this is simple to change using the lines TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE_1 and VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL which are in the spreadsheet. However this was an 06 car with FRM1 which does not have welcome lighting nor DRL from the factory; it did not have those 2 lines.

What I ended up doing was searching the FRM with NCS Dummy to find any lines that would refer to the DRL. There were 2 lines with "drl" in them and one of them had 2 possibilities, wert_01 and wert_02 (I forget which line right now I will add this detail later). I changed it from wert_01 to wert_02 (or maybe the other way around, I forget) and sure enough the halogen DRL was now brighter. I pinpointed which bits were changed in the nettodat and sure enough they reflected voltage (see here). So all I did was change the bits to 00,10 which equals 0 voltage and code it back, and voila, no more halogen DRL. Using the stalk, high beam function was not affected and worked just fine. So there you have it, how to disable halogen DRL on aftermarket headlights in an FRM1.
Appreciate 1