View Single Post
      09-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #43
J Lau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46, E82 ,E89, G30

UPDATE: APPLE vs. AT&T vs. ME

Background story: Pre-ordered 3 iPhone5 via Apple.com with expected delivery date of 9/21. One order was cancelled yesterday. Spoke with Apple, who blamed AT&T disapproved the purchase. Spoke with AT&T, and they said purchase was via Apple.com, and they should be responsible for the final decision of any customer purchases. Phoned Apple again, and restated AT&T's respond. Got transferred to Apple CS manager.

Apple CS manager hosted a conference call/wait with me, AT&T Corporate, AT&T store. Apple requires AT&T to take full responsibility, and AT&T Corporate finally admitted for their system error. AT&T tried to request AT&T store to reserve one for me, but was rejected by store manager. AT&T Corporate questioned why does Corporate not have the authority to request a local store for one single exception. AT&T side requested a hold.

AT&T Corporate came back, and asked Apple to reserve one for store pick-up on 9/21. And Apple cs rep said "I believe AT&T should resolve this situation internally without Apple's professional assistance."

Result: AT&T agreed to compensate $300 account credit. Wasted 1.5 hours of my life, but still no iPhone5 on 9/21