12-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
The AE is more efficient which means it needs less power to reach max. excursion. The FI with its higher xmax has the capability to be a little louder below 30Hz but you have to ask yourself if you really want that. The AE, after having read numerous reviews on diyma.com and other sites, will give you almost ruler-flat response between 20 and 100Hz, and gets loud enough for most people.
Thanks Kaigoss. That explain the things better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
In the end I'm sure both would be great subs for this application. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do yet, I'm between using 2 Infinity subs I have in the attic, and the AE, but the FI may also be considered especially due to its lower price point and better availability. I'm planning on mounting the sub via an adapter plate directly against the back seat, and let it fire through the ski pass (which I still have to cut). I was hoping Mob17 would post the results of his install and it would give me some inspiration, and motivation.
Kaigoss, the idea of using an adaptor plate againts sky hole is brilliant. And I wish you and all others good luck with the installation.
I am sure it is not difficult but time consuming.

In my case, due to new comer in the family (baby) I have to install my sub on the rear shelf speaker so that I can use the trunk to its max capacity. And considering IB on rear parcel shelf, I will have to go for 12 Inch max.

Xmas time is here and weather is right bitchy. I will order 12 inch sub in few days and will fit when I get time.
Will update the results on my IB thread.

For the time being 2X12 in the boot are giving me best SPL so far and quality of sound is excellent.

Thanks for your suggestions, patience and guidance. Appreciate it and look forward to see your IB installation.