View Single Post
      02-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonho View Post
Another thing I wanted to mention (not to OP at all, but) to the board for once since there's been a number of interests lately regarding track-prepping E9x and how these cars are not good at track... well, relative to some other cars out there, yes, that seems to be correct up to a certain extent, but really all these things are ultimately irrelevant. If Michael Schumacher drove my car completely stock, I'm willing to bet that he'd be faster in one session than myself in a M3 DTM car having practiced all day long, all the while constantly coping in his own way to minimize brake/engine/tire overheating or whatever else problem he may face. I personally believe it's all about how one can make one's car "dance" on the limit of a provided set of equipment, while "managing the situation," if you will.
This car is neither a track car, nor a street/track car. It was built for the street, period. You can buy a used 2011 mustang for less than 20K, put on nittos, and run the same exact time as my car, with all my mods so far (approaching 10K in parts and labor)-LSD, without any heating issues whatsoever. Read: no hosing down your radiator inbetween sessions. Put 2K in the stang, and you will crush my 335I. It's a no brainer. OP should sell his car right away, before it looses any more value, and buy an M3.
Appreciate 0