View Single Post
      04-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #27
Wilhelm
Private
Rep
Drives: 3281T

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
I'm not sure how you see that as an excuse?
You said it took you three months to find out about a problem the OP had been trying for the same three months to get resolved, as if there was no way you could have known any sooner. Saying you didn't know about it earlier, you are implying you could not have known about it earlier sounds like an excuse to me. And substituting a new promise to resolve the problem is not the same thing as actually delivering on the original promise. Although you seem to have made the OP happy. For now.

Sure, you can say "I am not responsible for things I don't know about." That's just another way of telling employees you manage, "Don't let me know about any problems or I might get the blame."

Some companies try to be proactive-- management tells the employees their goal as a company is to get problems resolved quickly, lets 'em know three months is not the company''s idea of "quickly", asks them if there are any problems that haven't been resolved, and asks if they need any assistance to get them resolved. Or you can use your approach-- don't worry about pissed off customers until one mentions it on an internet bulletin board that lots of potential customers might see.

I don't have a dog in this fight. You asked how what you said is an excuse. So I answered. The OP says he's happy with your new promises replacing the old promises made to him. But to me that falls way short of a solid message your company is one I should be doing business with.
Appreciate 0