View Single Post
      09-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #34
bimmerquick43321
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'll disagree. I'm not sure what you mean. I've maintained my '06 325i pretty much to BMW's recommended service intervals. Oil changes have averaged about 17,500 miles (per the CBS). I did change the drive line oils about 20,000 miles early the 1st go round, but then near the 100K intervals for the second drains. I changed the plugs and cabin filter on their schedules in the CBS, as too with the brakes.

The common failures (WP, T-stat, radio face pixel fade, etc.) happen at some point and are not preventable by a "better" maintenance schedule. As cars age, the more propensity for parts to break, which is just statistics (mean time between failure).

So just to throw some stats out here's my maintenance and repair costs for 250,000 miles: (Most of all this is DIY)
- Total Scheduled Maintenance (CBS items):--- $1,569
- Total Repairs for Broken Items:---------------- $4,949 (A/C compressor, blower motor, seat rebuild, oil sensor, 2 belly pans)
- Maintenance for unscheduled items:----------- $1,432 (suspension rebuild and hoses)
- Total Tire Costs:--------------------------------- $6,313
- Upgrades:---------------------------------------- $1,248 (Wheels, Strutbar, and mud flaps)
- Brakes:------------------------------------------- $1,186 (2 replacements of all four)
Impressive, guess you're part of the few lucky ones.
Appreciate 0