02-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
cyniclaus
Lifelong Cynic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
1) If you're not planning on aftermarket turbos or nitrous go with ACT if you want a reliable clutch that doesn't cost much. If you have the money and/or plan on doing either nitrous or upgraded turbos or both go with the HPF one.

2) I'm not "stuck" with a dual mass flywheel. I ran a single mass lightweight flywheel on this car and won't do it again. Even though the clutchmasters one I ran (16lbs 2-piece) is better than the SPEC (12lbs) one in terms of chatter, for a daily driver chatter isn't acceptable to me and the car gets annoying to drive in stop/go traffic.

Again, if you're not touching your turbos or nitrous, ANY tune you throw on the car will work just fine with the ACT...I ran over 490ft-lbs at the wheels with the ACT without slip on RBs..
You don't think the AWD will add significant stress?

I was considering going to the RBs, but I have a lot to put on in the next few months before I get to that bridge (FMIC, DP, TBE, intake, suspension, etc). In the interim, I wanted to research the cost effectiveness of the RBs and detriment on engine longevity and whether it would be worthwhile without adding meth.

Was the chatter you experienced just when shifting or also in gear? Did you perceive any benefit to the lighter flywheel? It was annoying in stop/go because of the noise or due to a more finicky engagement?

Sorry for the million questions, but since you have direct experience I value your opinion a lot higher than the hypothetical answers I often get.
Appreciate 0