View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #19
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourFace View Post
I got mine years ago... at the time, I was sure it was an insane purchase. My previous 2002 wrx wagon that I had for 6 yrs and 125,000 miles I spent about that on a hi flow down pipe and borla cat back. The car before that was a 93 Firebird Formula 6 speed LT1... A 3" cat, headers and 5 different cat backs before I finally found the right sound lol (I sold every exhaust for a near zero loss).

With my p.e. I have no regrets. After all these years it still sounds so damn satisfying. In the winter I drive with the driver rear window cracked and sunroof tilted up if it's not super cold. In the summer, if I'm not wearing a suit for work and need the a/c to remain sweat free, the windows are down and the sunroof is cracked. It just has the perfect sports car sound, I love it.

Even better, when I'm at the track, with an instructor riding along, we obviously wear mic in our helmets. The ,ic picks up the exhaust sound bouncing off the wall in pit lane heading onto the track, it's simply amazing the sound.

At this point I've had the exhaust for what, 4 years, maybe more? That's $250/yr... less money that I spend on my gym membership.... less that a dollar a day! For so much enjoyment. And this car will be mine, or remain in my family forever.

Keeping the car for a while? Go for it!

Don't plan on keeping the car for a while? Buy it, install it properly and keep the stock sewing machine sounding exhaust and sell the p.e. separately when you part with the car. You'll recoup a good chunk.
You should work for BMW, this makes makes me almost want to try one out.

And a freakin love my AA exhaust haha. Exhaust's aside... theres just something about that I6 engine that just sounds like nothing I have heard before!!