View Single Post
      05-31-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

Is anyone familiar with how the lemon law works?

Ok so this question is for a friend who does not have a BMW..but I am trying to help him out so he can get one.

My friend leased a 2005 CLK 500 (got it new in 4/2005). In November of 2006 his transmission was slipping very badly. He brought the car in to the dealer and they replaced some valve, reprogramed the computer and sent him on his way.

2 months later: same problem, same fix.

6 weeks after that: Same problem!! The dealer supposedly replaced his transmission (only took them 1.5 days).

Approx. 6 weeks later (this past friday) he was driving on the highway cruising around 80mph the car slipped out of gear..After playing around with the tip-tronic he could not get any gears. He pulled over, restarted the car and still nothing. No reverse, Drive or any gears through the tip-tronic. The car was flat-bedded to the dealer....

Yesterday they called him and told him they put another transmission in the car. He told them that after 4 times in @ 7 months with the damn transmission he wants out of his lease (about 13 months left). The dealer called him back and said that the Mercedes Benz rep. offered to take him out of the lease provided he leases another benz.

He told them he would think about it....But he really wants out of this lease so he can get either an M5 or possibly an M3..

Does anyone know if the lemon law in NYS would apply to him in this case. He really does not want to get another benz, but they are telling him that it is the only way to get out of the lease.
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0