Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud
Thanks!

I get what your saying now. Like I said, I read the manual about 5 times and none of the features appeared to be working. I have no patience haha. I really haven't had the time to sit in the car and wait for things to happen with the iPod. I have about 10,000+ songs already loaded onto thing with prolly 200-300 artists. Does the load time start for everything immediately once plugging the ipod in? Or each option begins loading as you choose to use the particular option? Does the ipod have to load everytime you plug it in, or does it recognize it as a previously loaded ipod and skip that step?
Each time you reconnect (actually disconnect the iPod - not just turn off the car) it will reload and start playing the FIRST track on the iPod. If you leave it connected it will start from the beginning of the last track that was playing when you shut down the car.

Do the search of this forum for finer points on managing the iPod files in iTunes and setting up your playlists. Playlists are your friend. They cut down the number of files that have to be loaded at one time. This all seems like a PIA when you are getting started but once everything is set up you will find that you just start, drive, and listen to the music without much fuss.