10-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
TANDEEP
Tanda129
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d se

Bmw e90 instrument cluster swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDEEP View Post
Hi guys, new to the bmw e90 commuinity, even though I had my car over 3 years, basically I bought new bmw needles from bimmian.com from the USA, try to install them on my e90 instrument cluster but the needles were too tight and snapped the needle hole, I only removed the speedometer needle, mpg and fuel gauge but not the rev meter.

Now the speedometer needle doesn't work after I replaced the old needles, and fuel gauge and mpg gauge maybe out of sync, I spoke to a close mate of mine who is a auto electrician by trade, said h possibly can replace the speedo motor as it maybe bust due to the pressures place on the needle. The other option is I found exact e90 closed with same serial code as mine on eBay bar 1 no.,my mate said he has maybe able to remove the chip of my module and the used cluster and transfer vin no. From mine and all the rest of the data including mileage, but only problem he don't know if my model will be compatible to do this as he has done it other cars up to the age off 2008 but not bmw e90.

Is this possible?

Any replays will help

By the way my car is bmw e90 320d se

And don't risk buying those needles from bimmian - total waste of time and took a big risk,I don't want to end up buying new clusters which I have been quoted £600 by bmw.

Sorry for the bad English stupid iPad making up own words.....
Appreciate 0