klinkerklu
Respect my Authoritay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi ED

Garage List
2006 330xi ED  [0.00]
Sorry, long post

Let me preface this by saying, we did not know about e90post nor bimmerfest before purchasing our car.
We were not particularly pleased with our deal after the fact...
This was our first BMW purchase, and we were so horrified after test driving all the competitors that it felt like a gift just to buy one period. Let alone ED.
And our broker & not a single dealer in the Bay area could find out car with the specs we wanted.
So ED felt even more like a gift. Get the car we would have had to wait for production & shipping anyway, and get a vacation out of it.
6 months after we got back, I was so hooked on BMW coke that I threw myself into research for the car and found these FANTASTIC forums.

Be glad you did, too. Do not settle for anything over $1K over invoice. We are fortunate to live in the Bay Area & are surrounded by no less than 7 dealers. I would suggest emailing their online sales with your options list and price. One is bound to get back to you. For our next ED, this is exactly what we plan on doing. I think Fremont, Sonnen (Marin) & Weatherford (Berkeley) have people doing 1k over.
Don't bother talking to the guys on the floor, they are ED clueless and will try to talk you out of it or pressure you to buy something on the lot and then when you stand your ground they bitch about the paperwork and pricing.

I wish we had been better informed or we would have done better than $500 off ED MSRP. We could have saved another 2K. But we usually deal with a broker and they don't do ED, they pull out of dealer's allocations.