11-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #11
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
What I Found Out:
1. Xede is a small chip card placed in a free slot inside the ECU panel.
Not quite. It's a separate computer box about 1/4 the size of the factory ECU. It sits just next to the factory ECU in an empty "shelf". Very convenient

Quote:
2. It is understood as a "piggy back ride" with ECU which provides custom settings for motor management.
I think so?

Quote:
3. If the dealer reprograms your ECU, the settings will remain the same with the thought of having to remove the Xede before reprogramming.
Yes, the ECU can be reprogrammed independantly of the XEDE. The two are fully discrete from each other. Likewise, you program the XEDE without programming the ECU.

Quote:
4. Installation is simple with no wiring, cutting, etc required and takes less then 15 minutes.
Correct.

Quote:
5. Xede will be $3000 being released mid January
Not quite. The current intro price for the XEDE kit (XEDE, boost controller and harness) is $1300. It my increase slightly in January.

Quote:
6. Improves gas milage under normal conditions 1-2 and loss of 3-4 under heavy.
Yes.

Quote:
7. 0-60 low 4's based on conditions
8. 1/4 Undertermined but expected mid-high 12's.
Yes and yes.

Quote:
Q's:
1. If the Xede is a card (like a video card in a pci-e slot on a computer) couldn't the dealership find it when lets say they look in the ECU panel?
2. What is dynamic power mapping?
3. What is piggy back riding the ECU?
As mentioned the Xede is its own box with a wiring harness and a serial connector (for laptop interface/tuning) coming out of it. I don't know what dynamic power mapping is either Piggy-back computers, be definition, work with the factory ECU, not instead of it. The XEDE essentially recalibrates all the sensors to induce a higher level of performance without the ECU being the wiser.

Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0