Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Superb and extremely informative review which I can't believe hasn't had more replies.

So would you still recommend the rotors mentioned in this post over anything else? I need to change my rear discs/pads although the fronts are fine for now. I've considered going for the same setup as you mentioned. Worthwhile to do just the rears?

Dave
Well, of course a real BBK as I have right now is much better than just replacing the rotors and pads. But that's another price level obviously.

From my experience the rotors are quite good - but I only chose to replace these because of the problems with braking in the wet, less for performance purposes under dry conditions. For the latter, the pads are more important and I think that the Cool Carbon pads were an excellent improvement over the stock pads.

The rear discs/pads don't do much, so if you want to improve braking consistency and fading resistance I would start with the fronts, not the rears. But in case you have to replace the rears anyway (i.e. if they're worn out), you could also replace them with the EBC rotors and CC pads instead of remaining stock.

Alpina_B3_Lux