View Single Post
      02-02-2006, 01:13 PM   #12
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mava330
I lost my grandmother who helped raised me and define my character from complications due to a stroke in 1996. October of 1996 I found out my wife was pregnant. My 2nd child was born July 13, 1997... the same day as my recently passed grandmother's birthday; bringing the circle of life and death at the same time for me. However our world lives I believe in fate and that things happen for a reason.

For those of you that still have your grandparents in your life, realize that they belong to a very special group that should be honored. For those of us that have lost them, not only should be they be honored but remembered forever.

Thanks for this thread and letting me remember all that she's done for me.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. Grandparents are of an alomost defunct generation(at least mine), and the wisdom imparted to me from both my grandmother and grandfather(both moms side, ironically my fathers parents went before I was born or a little there after) will always be invaluable. From my grandpa telling me how I should treat a lady to my grandmothers profound and untouched cooking skills, as well as her sincere relationships that she had w/ various friends and associates... something you just don't find today in our dog eat dog/cut throat world today. Don't put your Grandparents on the backburner if they're still around folks, pick up the phone, arrange a lunch or something if you can, and even if you don't relate, sit and listen, it's well worth it. Times like those are priceless and can never be replaced.

Life can be a beautiful or an ugly thing, starts w/ the inside of you.
Appreciate 0