Allen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AUDI S4 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHero

Go buy tangible stock certificates then....and yes they still exist. Do you also carry around all your cash instead of having a bank account? That's pretty much the same thought process (actually worse, honestly).

Personal opinion is fine. I'm not the one buying it, but have fun paying 20%+ in commission. Let's hope they never get stolen either (another plus for ETFs). I'm not much older than you, but your view of "investing" seems to be quite misguided.

In this case it's not "to each their own." There's a reason why everything went electronic many years ago. It's not a difference in opinion. It just flat out doesn't make sense.

I benefit nothing from any of this, but I strongly suggest that some of you think a bit harder about how you spend your money. I deal with this kind of stuff on a weekly basis so I'm used to it, but it's honestly scary to me that people are this ignorant with their investing. If you want to go buy a giant silver dildo then more power to you I guess, but let's not act like it's a good financial decision (or a good decision period).
What is wrong with having a supply of bullion in a safe?

It's a safety net investment. Not something I hope to fucking retire on, Jesus.