View Single Post
      04-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #56
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

The course was being run CCW, and coming out of the bowl is a right-left kink going uphill, so the apex is blind. you can carry a lot of speed through here, especially if you have a car with decent grip and power. I'm thinking maybe he dropped a wheel or 2 off on the outside of corner exit and it rotated the car back toward the inside an into the flag station on the left side of the track.

The kind of car he was in was not the issue (for ignorant people saying that FWD or integras are unsafe or incapable at the track). Any car could have ended up in the same place. I've seen all kinds of cars wreck at the track, including BMWs. It's an accident, and they happen. Unfortunately, for this guy, the consequences were much worse than a typical off track excursion.

I've run on the track with this outfit before, and believe I was on the track with this driver and his friends late last year. I never felt that anyone was being "unsafe" around me, everyone was driving hard and having a good time. It's unfortunate that these things happen, and I feel for the families of the driver and his gf.

it is the nature of the sport. Car racing in any form is dangerous - including "having fun" on the street, like many people on the forum probably do. At least this guy was at the track in a controlled environment, and not on public streets.
Appreciate 0