View Single Post
      10-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #297
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviador View Post
Thanks, this is great. When you say remove layers of protection do you mean Clay? Also, what products would you use for wheel and tire protection?

Thanks again,
Jack
Jack,

To remove previous coats of protection I use a combination of isopropyl alcohol dilluted 1:1 with distilled water in a spray bottle. Use it like a quick detailer and an ultra plush microfiber towel. Claying would also aid in removing previous coats of protection, but I usually only clay my vehicle twice a year as outlined in the detailing routine.

For wheel and tire care, I like to keep it simple. Apply 2 - 3 thin coats of Poorboy's Wheel Sealant on your wheels and you will be thanking yourself in the future. The Wheel Sealant will provide a barrier of protection for your wheels so that brake dust slides off with ease with a simple wash and dry. If you care for your vehicle regularly, all you'll ever need is automotive shampoo and water (and I recommend a dedicated wash mitt for your wheels as well). For a tire dressing, I love Poorboy's Bold 'n Bright. It's a water based formula that gets absorbed by your tires and nourishes the rubber keeping it soft and flexible. This is the opposite of silicone based dressings that sit on the surface of your tires, which often yields to tire dressing sling, and potentially dry, crack and brown your tires.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

George
Appreciate 0