08-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/res...tion=faqAnswer

Following the link to "how to file a claim"

Vehicle Damage - I have driven over a City road pothole, debris or manhole cover and have damaged my car. What do I do?

Answer

Be sure to see a licensed vehicle mechanic to determine the extent of damage. Contact your automobile insurance company as you may have coverage for this type of loss. Alternatively, submit your claim in writing to the City's Risk Management unit using the "How to file a claim" procedure.

The City of Mississauga has an inspection program which complies with the Minimum Maintenance Standards for Municipal Highways (Ontario Regulations 239/02) under the Municipal Act. The City’s inspections must be shown to have been deficient in order for the City to be held responsible for damages caused to your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Was driving on Erin Mills today and hit a massive pothole and bent a rear driver side rim. Is there a number or website I can go to to file a claim with the city of mississauga to replace it? I have a 500 deductable so insurance is not an option. Can I ask the city to replace my rim?
Appreciate 0