NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Yea its a trade off; European social policy likes to redistribute wealth a lot so there are a lot of government programs for all people in society, esp the poor and those w/o means.

So if you're someone without means or low means, societies that redistribute wealth are good for you. The exception is if you're a wealthy person who benefits from the corporate monopolies/oligopolies in Europe -- then you stay there and reap the rewards because you wouldn't be competitive in North America.

If you're a higher-income earner or someone with means who is competitive, you're better off in North America where there is social stratification and people are very unequal in means.

THence once you get to North American, different states have different social policies. And there are trade offs; while California may be left-leaning and take lot of money in the form of taxes; the overridding ethos is fairly modern and left-leaning -- so people will probably be more accepting and less inherently racist than say a place like Texas or Alabama; whose fiscal policy might be better, but if you're a person of colour; would you want to try to integrate into that society? Probably not.

Ya I know... I think its BS... If I work hard for my money.. I should choose to do what I want with it... Not have a government come in and give it to someone else...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0