NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Hi All

I purchased by car in June 07 and activated the free 6 month subscription in July 07.

I then received the annual renewal for £120. This is where this email thread journey began.

Thanks to a number of You fellow forum members (special thanks to Vivekk) I contacted BMW UK, armed with important information.

There “official” response was as follows:

- Regardless of when you purchased your car, as long as you did not activate the free 6 month Assist prior to Sept 07, then you could now activate it for free until 2010.
- If, however, you did activate it prior to Sept 07, your only option for renewal is to pay £120 per annum. (My situation)

To be fair to the person on the other end of the phone, they even thought the official BMW UK standing was unfair to those people like me, but that they were only following what they were told.

I continued to politely and calmly insist that my situation was very unfair and that I felt very let down and disappointed by BMW, of which I have now owned 3. The person on the other end of the phone said that they would go and discuss this with someone to see if anything could be done and then ring me back.

True to their word, the person rang me back later that day and said that, as an exception, they would renew my subscription free for another year as a good will gesture. Obviously, something is better than nothing.

This whole experience has indicated to me that there is genuine confusion within BMW UK on this matter and that maybe BMW UK is only now just realising that they have a serious customer support issue that they are going to have to manage very carefully.

LRS
It's not a bad response.

BMW have made a poor decision on the eligability for the free trial, so if I were an existing customer I would be complaining too.
Appreciate 0