View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
NoVA_G20
Rep
Drives: G20

High mileage suspension quandry

So I've got an '07 E91 328xi with 99k on it. I bought with just shy of 30k and put KWV3's on it around 35k. It's lowered but not slammed.

Recently I've noticed that the car is showing some instability over bumps, primarily in the rear, where it's also started cupping the rear tires. Its not bouncy and its still responsive on smooth roads so I'm not inclined to believe the KW's are bad yet. Though I'm sure the front could use a refresh it's not really not noticeably bad yet either.

I've read about the rear toe arms and about bushing replacement in general. And I've read about the M front tie rod upgrade, and all of the poly bushings and the BMW performance front bushing upgrades but a lot of this stuff isn't applicable to us xi folk and much of what Ive been able to find is piecemeal vs. comprehensive

My question is: since this chassis is now aging to the point where a lot of these cars are going to end up needing this sort of maintenance, (or do already) are there any vendors out there who are selling front and/or rear bushing kits (OE or otherwise) for the E9x xi's?

Not looking for brand new 'performance control arms' or 'poly race bushings' or 'billet upper and lower whatever'.... I really just want a set of bushings. I know this sort of stuff exists and is easily found all over the place for the E36/46 guys, even the xi's, I just haven't been able to find a cost effective 'kit' for our cars. Am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by NoVA_G20; 11-16-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0