06-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #180
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by David335i View Post
1.The seats are from a crash car so the drivers seatbelt tensioner has been used so i need to get a raplecment i dont think the one from the standart seat would fit(would be nice tho) i dont know if the airbag is been used cause i dont see anything odd on the seats.
Use pre-tensioner of your car.

2.I have noticed that the headrest doesnt come off so they have that headrest AFAIK so i dont know if that is used or broken i hope they are just fine and can work with my car without dashlights cause my car didnt have that option at production date.
Active head restraints, do not come off. If they move up and down, they are fine. However if they stay at the top position, then you bought Junk. You will have to buy new head restrains from the dealer or live with these on max head position.

3.I know i have to wire pin2 and 3 drivers seat to K-Can for memory.pretty easy i think soldering to idrive controller or somewhere else.
Correct
pin 4 and 7 for +12 power from fusebox to seat but dont know exactly wich slots of the fusebox i should use on my car?
If you read this thread in details, you will find where do +ve go. I have spent countless hours reading this thread again and again and all the answers are given in the thread. Credit to contributors. Just for your ease;
Pin 4 and 12 go to X11005 connector (neutral colour) in the fuse box. Or follow the Fuse 32.

For Passenger side (RHD cars), use X11004 connector on the Fuse box, or follow the fuse 49.

pin8 and 13 for ground to fusebox/seatbolt is it a good idea to use the bolt for ground or is it better to try find other ground.
Use the ground point under passenger footwell (in RHD cars). Or you can use any ground point.

i did found that seat heating is 29(5amp),32,49 in fusebox and seat power 32,33,37,49.they are all 30 amp but my seat is pin 7 for power so 10 amp how can i resolve this?
Irrelevant, use only those fuse which are recommended.

4.I have to do same on passenger side except Kcan because there are no K-Can wires on seatside.
are there 2 fuseboxes on each sides or do i have to take te wires from 1 fusebox and split them for both sides?
You need to run the wires for each side separately, otherwise you will be overloading the wirings.

5. i have to do programming so that memory and adjustment will work and maybe seat heating if its there.
Yes.

6. the airbag wires dont match up in color is that an issue?
Which airbags are you referring to? Side airbags?
If that is the case and connector differs, then take out your original side airbags and put them in the new seats.
All the best.