01-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #14
fongboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
My friend here in Puerto Rico did the muffler thing ONLY and trust me you could barely hear it, I believe that if you remove the DPF then the sound will improve if any slightly correct me on this Chris since you have done something to this effect. I forgot to mention to you he was going to put the SPRINT Booster I will call him today to see his results
Your completely right. Thanks.I guess our DPF really restricts alot of power/sound for us Maybe the d should just stay as a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anielsen71 View Post
After I removed my DPF, the sound from the exhaust is different. More metalic...hard to explain.
But when driving the sound is about the same....
I know what your talking about. It def does. I really wanna hear those turbos too
I'm not looking for all around loud, just when I get on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Honestly, I would suggest that a tune should be performed over an exhaust if the pricing is an issue. From a $/hp perspective, that is a no contest. Similarly, you probably will not be able to maximize the performance return on your DPF delete, etc, investment without a tune. ...just food for thought.
Your right, I guess exhaust is kinda stupid without the correct tune. Someday though, I will get ReNNtech or Evolve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
@Rotor very true on this, after I made the RENNtech move my car added another 70 whp just with the flash ALONE!! The exhaust at any given car usually renders anywhere from 7-10 whp if so, unless your driving supped up 911 or GTR then its a different story but i doubt you will gain 10 whp on a DIESEL. i might be wrong on this though!!
Did you have the JBD before your ReNNtech or is that 70whp gain from stock?
Thanks for the tip though