F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluck75
So a brief history...

I graduated from College (Maryland) in 1998 and almost immediately became a market maker(equities) out of school. I did that until 2003, when profitability for a market maker became almost impossible. During the end of that time, I wrote a small(tiny) program that calculated stock spreads and figured that maybe Tech/Software was the direction to go. So...for the last years I have been working as a Business Analyst/Project Manager doing software roll-outs for large I-banks(all if which you have heard of). I am an independent, incorporated consultant, not an employee of the banks I have done projects at.

Problem now is...Money has been great...but I am BORED OUT OF MY SKULL. This work is so "dry and boring" that sometimes I feel like it doesn't justify the paycheck.

What do I do? What CAN I do? I've considered going into business for myself, but I don't have a quality idea. I'd love to perhaps buy into something, something that I have a passion for(a car dealership maybe)???

I don't know. It just sucks that I sit and pour over software layouts and financial records all day, when in fact, I somebody with a very "fast paced" personality and would probably be EXTREMELY customer service oriented in the right place.

I don’t even need something full time. I could easily continue what I am doing but be an investor/non-operating partner in something. I just to b involved in something I have a passion for (I have a passion for “Money” but that’s not what I am referring to).

Any ideas? Any advice?

Thanks in advance. Thanks for letting me vent.
Play poker
Appreciate 0