03-07-2007, 04:14 AM   #1
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Biting the bullet....

(reposted from general E90 area)

....and ordering my first BMW this week!!

I'm being told that in order to receive an M Sport E93 in time for UK plate change (on September 1st) I need to be ordering now. Does this sound right? A near-6 month build time? or is this the dealer just wanting to have me sign on the dotted line as soon as possible?

If it is correct then I will be committing this week...

I'm going for 325i M Sport (manual) with 225 M wheels, leather and wind deflector.

I would have loved to have gone for a 335i M Sport, but at £42,000 ($80,898 USD) it was too rich for me - the 325i M Sport even to my, fairly lowly, spec (no nav, premium sound etc) is £37,995 ($73,145 USD) which is by far and away the most I have ever spent on a car....

Now the quandry - colour combination. I know this has been covered many times before, but I just don't know what to do. Whatever I get, I'm going to be living with for at least two years, if not three, so I've got to get this right.

The combo I really liked (Le Mans Blue and Lemon Dakota) does not show as possible in the bmw configurator - it appears lemon is available on saloon (sedan) only, and not coupe or convertible.

My first choice (after le mans blue with lemon) would be white with coral, but whilst white is very en-vogue in the UK right now, I could find that in a years time, no one wants white anymore and I'm left with a very unfashionable colour combo on my hands.

I would like black (again, with Coral int) but black tends to hide the lines of the M Sport bodykit, which I certainly don't want!

Which leaves me with Sparkling Graphite (again, with Coral - is anyone getting the hint I like the red leather??!!) which I think is going to be the way forward. Would love to hear what you guys think of that combo, and see some pics if anyone has them....
Appreciate 0