Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trento View Post
I have an 08 328xi with 15K on it and this "vibration" or "shudder" that you feel I have had since I bought the car from the dealer. I have had my car in 3 separate times for the dealer to diagnose - and I have to say they have done have done their best - but the problem still exists.

The last work that was done was to install a new power steering rack and then re-align all four wheels. Unfortunately, the issue still persists and the car is going back once again. I also have a noticeable "whine" in the front end which I am informed is normal. It sounds like a tension whine (like when you turn your steering wheel to the max) and I have always felt this has been associated with the problem.

I'm very interested to hear of your outcome - since I have been trying to find others who may have this issue. This is not my first BMW - just my first problem without a satisfactory resolution.

Good Luck.
This is also my first problem with BMW. Terrible experience especially when you pay the price to supposedly get better quality. Either way, it is going to get resolved. If they can't fix it, I am going to call a friend of mine who specialize in BMW and Mercedes and troubleshoot it. I am willing to pay to get this fixed and if they fix it, I will make sure that I get reimbursed for it. haha.

I am honestly convinced that the AC unit is related. I barely notice it with the AC off. The AC also lost some refrigerant and they didn't find any leak. WHAT? where did it go? oh well, I'm sure I'll be back there again next year for AC service.
Appreciate 0