Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3

Garage List
08 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWTCP View Post
Hey, I have noticed that the HID's on my 2011 335d M-Sport seem very white. What I mean is that the previous BMW HID bulb has always been 4350K ("natural white light") I recently purchased an installed Xenesis Tru-match H8 bulbs for my DRL's and Tru-match 9006 bulbs for the foglights. These bulbs have been a good match for the 4350K color of the HID's on my E39 M5 but on the new car they seem definitely "yellowish" With only the DRL and foglights illuminated they look nice and white, but on lighting up the HID's there is a noticeable difference. Is is possible that BMW is importing some cars with 6000K D1S bulbs or is my color vision just going bad with age?
Thanks to anyone who can shed more light on this question
I noticed the same thing when i took my car for a headlight issue, I asked my SA about it and told me that ligh may fade with time, i have a 08 328 I aked if they could swap the lights under warranty cause they were fading. they would not do it unless the light was out or burned. I jut bought 6000k bulbs and replaced them. Now they look beeter that the ones I saw at the dealer.
Appreciate 0