View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
bmw4lyfe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjollnir19
My car has the Dinan Exhaust and is so quite and really does not sound menacing at all. I would like to change that.

I've been stacking parts for my car in the garage for a year now and i'm ready to install all these parts including;

BMS OCC
Dinan FMIC
Super Sprint mid pipes (catless)
Super Sprint x pipe (possible)
Ar Downpipes catless or catted still pending sale

I need inputs as to whether or not to buy catless or catted dp's because of the smell and yea the smell. I was even considering putting race cats on the mid pipes. But through research i wasn't able to find an example.

I have read here that total loss between the DP's +5-2 to catless. Small numbers for a part that smells.

Now i need to know with catted and cat less mid pipes be too loud?

Would a catted DP and no cats on the midpipes stock xpipe to dinan exhaust sound good and smell bad?

would a catless dp and no cats on midpipes stock xpipe to dinan exhaust sound good and smell bad?

any input would be greatly appreciated. Im drunk as i type so please excuse the typo's
i have the HPF 3 inch exhaust no mufflers nd the catted AR downpipes, it sounds very load deep and aggressive, not as raspy as you would think, there really is no much difference between the catted and cattless and the smell isnt going to be too bad if you go cattless. just depend on how loud you want it to really be, the reason i got catted is because my e92 is loud as it is without mufflers so i needed some kinda muffling to happen lol, but either which decision you make youll love so dont contemplate too long and just do it.
Appreciate 0