View Single Post
      04-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #38
Thunder Dump
That tickles
Rep
Drives: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave herzog View Post

are you guys getting 69 and 77 as part of 5-year deals or something?
Again, my experience is with XM, but that was negotiated year to year. I got a 3-month free sub with the purchase of the Acura, then $77 (50% off) for the first year. Second year came and I called and got that promotion again for another year. Third year came, woman told me couldn't do it three years in a row, but could do it for 90 days at that equal rate, then call in again and since it won't be three years in a row for the $77 the computer would take it again. Sure enough, after 90 days call in again and get $77. This year, they said I couldn't do it so after some arguing I canceled. Within two weeks I got a call from them asking to re-up, I said I would if I could get the $77/year again and they said yes, so here we are 5+ years later.

In my experience, the nicer you are (less demanding), the more likely you'll get the rate--especially if you explain how much you like the service but it is too expensive and you need to start cutting expenses. However, the biggest variable is the operators themselves. If you get a 'we can't do that', thank them, hang up, and call back in a bit. There are SO many operators at the call center that you will rarely get the same operator twice so try, try again.
Appreciate 0